Chuck-a-luck is a game played with three dice. It’s sometimes referred to as “birdcage” because the dice are kept in an hourglass-shaped wire basket that resembles something you might keep a feathered friend in. The cage is spun in order to mix up the dice, which eventually come to rest on the bottom. Before the cage spins, players bet on what the combination of the dice will be. These are the common bets you can make:
- Single die bet: at least one of the dice will hit on a specific number
- Any triple – all three dice will land on the same number
- Big – the dice will add up to 11 or more
- Small – the dice will add up to 10 or less
- Field – the dice will add up to anything outside of the range of eight to 12
- Chuck-a-luck is a fun game that’s rarely played in casinos now, but can be found at carnivals or fundraisers.